Speaker First Aid

Reader: I was kinda enjoying the sounds of the stepper motors and seeing the work in the first part of the vid.
I'll have to do a music video..


So... I have some lovely Altec Lansing speakers I hope to have till I die. I paid $70 for them and I like them more than those Bose ones you get at Sam's club(I have a pair of those too). They(the Altec Lansings) are loud enough I had the police called on me because of them. The cop said, "All of that is coming from your computer?" Aye!
I did not photograph the other one!

Anywho, a few weeks ago I started getting a loud thump and they were losing power and I was sad. This morning, my intuition told me what the problem was. I took out the amp board and..

Lo and behold, I was correct- cracks in the solder! Weeee!



The end!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .

I kid. Here they were:


You will have to imagine them repaired because they are. The woofer is back together and is in service as I type.

I am not sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Click Bait Using Logan Paul's Name and Face

Fate of the Furious Ending Scene