Inactivity

Again I awoke feeling good. My mind touched upon a bright new day. So filled with promise, accomplishment, and growth! Ideas of what I would do filled my mind. I began to remember things I’d told myself to remember from the night before. I had bedded down early so I would wake up early. Sleep fog ebbed as enthusiasm mounted. And then I opened my eyes.

The sun had not yet risen and the world, still. A dark figure loomed just outside the room. I hadn’t expected this. I hadn’t planned for this. I regarded him knowing he was my opponent for the day. I reacted in no way externally but my prior enthusiasm shriveled almost to nothing.

His form was imperceptable but it was clear he was distorted and abnormal. He didn’t move. Instinctively I knew if he did, it would be menacing and bizarre. He filled the doorway, blocking my escape. Blocking everything. My goals and desires all but forgotten having only a tenuous connection to my consciousness.

I steeled myself for what was about to happen. Defiance built within me. I still have fight in me. He stepped into the room. As expected the movement was disturbing. Worse yet, somehow he had gotten bigger. His form came into focus. Misshapen, inhuman. Masses and pulsations shifted under the surface. My fear grew as he soundless lumbered closer.

I felt like doing nothing. What was the use? He was close enough now his eyes burned cold as they bore into me, knowing. So intimate the penetration, it was maddening. He seemed to fill the whole world. A soundless breathing doom. I wanted to give up in futility and self-doubt.

Instead, I got up and made a cup of coffee to start my day. He vanished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Click Bait Using Logan Paul's Name and Face

Fate of the Furious Ending Scene