3d Printer Part 7

Welp, I ordered the Arduino Atmega 2560 which I got for $10.59 and the RAMPS shield with 5 motor drivers for $18.04. I will now wait as fast as I can until they get here from China.

I believe my plan for now is to make it work with crappy printer motors until I can upgrade them to NEMA 17s like the plans call for. I might order the heated bed today too.

The circuits I made above drive the motor at 5 volts which is not enough to run the motor at full power and speed, but I was being conservative as I'm not really electrically inclined either beyond basic circuits and digital design.

Also, I have discovered in my reading, the traversing bed is the y axis not the x axis.

I found one of my Teac motors from a 5 1/4 floppy drive and know I have at least 2 more- Weee! Also, I remembered I have 4 micro-controllers I could have used to simplify my design- 3 TI Launchpads and a coriduimcorp microcontroller! The reason that is easier is that rather than wiring 2 gates with 6 wires each and hour's work and testing, the logic can be obtained through coding with just a few keystrokes. I was glad I did it the hard way at least once though. That'll give me something to do till China sends me my shiz.

Too bad I don't have any darlington arrays laying around(aside from on that scanner control board that is) My 10 o'clock is right near OEM Parts so I may find myself accidentally shopping for good stuff on the morrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Click Bait Using Logan Paul's Name and Face

Fate of the Furious Ending Scene